Sep 24, 2008

Jesus was a community organizer...

Oye I’m tired. I stayed up till 4am trying to get through a 825 comment thread at Daily Kos regarding the financial crisis. So many pissed off commentators! Seems I’m not the only one screaming mad at this latest breathtaking grab by the wealthiest members of “our” society. I’m not trying to be reasonable here, cause there is nothing reasonable about the deliberate destruction of the middle class. Here is my sleep-deprived easy-as-pie 3 point program to restore confidence in the financial markets:

Step 1. Have the UN declare Wall St a “terrorist state” and freeze all the assets (paper?) Next prosecute the heads of the top banks, the top regulators, and Paulson. If they flee to St Barts instead of standing trial, let’s do some shock and awe on St Bart’s. Let our most traumatized and depleted Iraqi soldiers get first shots. Shooting from airplanes will be allowed.

Step 2. President Obama, instead of handing $700 million to these slime-balls plunderers, make them pay back to the US Treasury $700 billion. Trust me, they have it.

Step 3. Never return to the quaint Victorian notion of a free-market. Free markets are free-for-alls, ie, survival of the greediest. Attempt to recreate the America I learned about growing up in school, the one I never saw in my 50 years. Fairness, justice, responsibility...ideals that were offered up as history, but now turn out to be fairy-tales.

No comments: